Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Broken N



This morning I took a long walk just to rest my soul. It has been hard to get back into the habit of restful walks.  As crossed a bridge I was drawn to how calm the water was. I stood beside these still waters and asked God to bring my soul to a place as calm and still as the water appeared. It was interesting to know that there is some much life beneath the surface of that calm water.  I know there is life in me too.



I continued along the road and found this broken metal N.  My immediate thought was "how appropriate."   I've been a broken and felt so lost. I wonder what I looked like as the Creator took my broken form in His hand and carried me. Maybe I won't find my identity in being called "Mr. Neuenschwander." Maybe this is the path to finally understanding the better name God has for me. 


Yesterday I prayed specifically, "God, I want a miraculous God.  I am tired of the pathetic, watered down one."  Today this verse came.  

Deuteronomy 7:19 "You saw with your own eyes the great trials, the miraculous signs and wonders, the mighty hand and outstretched arm, with which the LORD your God brought you out. The LORD your God will do the same to all the peoples you now fear." 

I'm wondering what it is God is leading me to. I have a feeling that this wandering has a much more important outcome then I ever imagined.


No comments: