Saturday, October 14, 2017

Encouragement Beating Back Disappointment

This simple phrase, "Put this toward your gofund." This is the phrase that turned a otherwise disappointing day into a bright spot in my week.  It is so easy to let that moment of despair become a second moment and then a third. 

Here I am at a point in life where I find myself feeling completely drained and incapable. I fight that mental battle as it rages in me every time I feel I should be able to do this.  Then I get weary and then as if it was His plan all along someone walks in.

It is always better when the hands or feet of God, enter the scene without pretense. There is no need for a trumpet to sound when one of us does something good. We can be assured that a trumpet will sound when Christ returns, so we can leave that to Him.  The humble servants that we are called to be need not toot our own horns.

Today as I drifted in my still unsteady walk, other followers of Christ drifted into my life and steadied me.  I can not express enough the value of humble support. It is in these unpretentious acts of love that I see the glaring contrast that is pride.

Where ever Christ is taking me on this journey, I pray He grants me a servants heart. I am not there yet. I am not even close, but I am grateful that I was shown amazing examples of that heart today. 


 "Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time." 1Peter 5:6


It could be that I am unable to be lifted completely out of this mess, simply because I have not yet been humbled to the point God desires.  I will need to think on this more, but for now I am encouraged.

No comments: