Monday, October 16, 2017

Monday is Monday, but Joy is Joy

I don't know how you feel about Mondays, and I'm guessing that not everyone had a good day.  I just don't think It has to do with Monday being Monday as much as it does with the general attitude we have about going back to work after a break. 

My kids weren't thrilled to head back to school after being off for four days and I wasn't wanting to send them off.  I enjoyed spending that extra time with them. 

Still there was something wonderful about the fact that I got to do some work today and it was relatively pain free. I was joyful in just having the opportunity to work. Now later tonight I may feel some pain in my bad shoulder, but....yes I am feeling some pain in my shoulder already…I still have that joy. 

It is in this joy that I recognize that even though today was tough (because it was) I still had that thing that turned would be toil into something to smile about.

Take a moment to reflect on Psalm 90:17 “May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us-yes, establish the work of our hands.”

I may not being doing the work I want to be doing, but this work is still from God. There has been very little that I have been able to do about work, but my attitude has been within my reach this whole time. Each day I find joy, I also find victory.

I hope you can find that thing in your work too.  I’m not saying it’s easy. I’m saying it’s necessary, and it’s of God.

No comments: