Sunday, October 15, 2017

Recognize the Actual Battle

This morning I awoke cranky, hurt and upset. Almost immediately I recognized that I was wrestling with the flesh.  Recently I have recently been experiencing what it is like to have love and acceptance offered to me as people rallied around me. The flesh had forced hurt and frustration upon me. The supporters offered love and acceptance. One of these was of God. This waking realization is driving a change in me. As my once blind eyes, slowly open to the love around me, I embrace the healing process more. 

Galation 6: 1-10 speaks to me today. “Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted. 2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. 3 For if anyone thinks he is something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself. 4 But let each one test his own work, and then his reason to boast will be in himself alone and not in his neighbor. 5 For each will have to bear his own load.” 

I have understood that I had to bear my own load, and I understand helping others bear there load. Maybe, just maybe God wants me to truly understand how He sends others to help gently bear my load too. This is so much to take in, it’s almost overbearing (pun intended). 

So a couple of loaded questions:
What has been or is the road block to healing in your own life?
Why haven't you been able to overcome it?

No comments: